Saturday, October 23, 2004

Falling for somewhere

Niagara falls....

all I can say is WOW!

I mean totally WOW WOW WOW!

Words and even pictures just cannot describe how absolutely COOL Niagara Falls is.


The Horseshoe Falls at Niagara Posted by Hello

I have some pics - including one of Kerry and Joanne in yellow plastic mac things which they hand out. Somehow we didn't get one of me in one of those things.... strange!

We also went to Fort George and were taken on a tour by the rather dashing Sergeant Mackenzie Cameron.

Oh yes an I saw America from a distance... it's over-rated!!!

After all that we met Joanne's friend Aaron and Kerry's parents at a diner. Mr and Mrs Catehrs had supper but we'd already hit the service statio on the way so decided just to have dessert (I confused them all by calling it pudding which is not a generic term apparently something specific which sounds like blancmange!) Joanne had a deep-fried cheesecake and Kerry and I opted for the mile high mud pie.

What appeared was about the size of a house brick. OH MY WORD! it was ENORMOUS. It was also four layers - two of frozen solid icecream, one of extremely cold peanut butter and the last of Permafrost Oreo biscuits. It was so hard that they provided us with steak knives - I kid you not! To make it all the more difficult, I had to make inroads into mine whilst being watched closely by Aaron who finally admitted to being fascinated by the "really dainty meticulous way you use the back of your fork. It's so ENGLISH!" well I managed about a third of it which I would guess was a normal human portion! THEN Aaron made me try corn-bread because I HAD to. Yeah it was nice but I was SO full!


No comments: