Monday, November 22, 2004

Life in all its blogness

Well I don't know if you've ever had that experience where someone is preaching and you think, "Woah... that's ME s/he is talking about! I've been in that situation*... that's how I feel*... I've done that*"

*delete as applicable

That was my experience on Sunday but this time the preacher really WAS talking about me. I know it's a bit of an occupational hazard when you work in a church.

So what was it that caused me to feature in the pastoral message to our congregation?

Well David began by asking a question...

What would you do if you discovered the answer to all the mysteries of the universe?

He suggested that we might keep the secret to ourselves or we might tell peopel about it. We might talk about it, write letters or in this modern world we might BLOG about it (you're just going to have to imagine the glance in my direction!).

So have I discovered the answer to all the mysteries of the universe? Well I don't think so. I rather like mystery though. Not sure I WANT to know ALL the answers. However do I talk about things as deep as the MYSTERIES OF THE UNIVERSE....

er....

um.....

well....

maybe....

sometimes!

Of course David's point was that Jesus shared his message in a relatively SMALL geographical area, in a time when there was no web, no telephone. Jesus spread the Good News by one to one contact, by relationship.

Now I know a few of the people who check in and occasionally the odd friend comes out of the woodwork of admitting that they have a look now and then but my little area is rather small. Much smaller than Jesus managed to reach in his lifetime, even though I have the advantages of rather superior technology. Curious that!


No comments: