Thursday, June 02, 2005

Peak and Paradise

Just back from Scout camp up in Edale in Hope Valley Derbyshire. I did a far from convincing impression of Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice heroine for those who don't know - if such people can POSSIBLY exist!) in being inspired and filled with awe by the beauty of the Peak District.Unfortunately I didn't visit Pemberley and meet a bedraggled Mr Darcy fresh from his ride home. No for me it was just lots of bedraggled scouts as it rained almost the whole time I was there. It was still FABULOUS though and I'll post something mroe substantial and with pictures when I've washed the mud off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh thank goodness, there is another austen fan out there. no one i know likes her.

have just finished 'the jane austen book club' by karen joy fowler (actually read for my own book club) about a group of people who get together to read all of the austen novels.

i liked it very much.