Friday, June 10, 2005

A clean break?

Great time wandering about Oxford this afternoon with occasional pauses to add a bit of colour to the book. Fab news that Chris has submitted his dissertation today - well done mate! - and there were lots of students fresh from their last exams bedecked with glitter, balloons, hair dye and various unknown substances. Made me a little nostalgic for my former university teaching days when Coz walked into my class room with a bucket of mushy peas, a bucket of gravy and some bags of rice to "muck up" her rugby team mates after the end of their exams. It wasn't something we did particularly (I seem to recall the end of finals being a time for champagne and other similar beverages!) and I have to say I don't think I'd really like beign covered in all that goop but it is goood to see people living life with energy (even if it is the job of someone I know to stop them!! Good luck with that!)

No comments: