Wednesday, October 12, 2005

School's out for autumn

The autumn term tends to be the time of year that I get quite a lot of schools visiting the church and this is a real delight. I made a load of worksheets last year (and have updated them too - though not uploaded those yet - oops!) and am constantly updating the things I say to groups that come round about the history of the building but most importantly about what the Church of All Saints really is... the people who make up its community.

I love seeing the wide-eyed faces of children coming into our church - it is pretty huge! - and leading the group round all the exciting things that we have (notably at the moment our chillout worship section in the north chapel which goes down well because of all the cushions!). It gives me a lot of pleasure and it's an absolute bonus to get a thank you like this one below from Chiltern Gate school who came round last week.



2 comments:

simo said...

My last post was youth and Children where as i am now just youth, but i certainly miss some of the aspects of working with the younger ones, i used to have some great fun, and i still have some cards etc of a similar ilk.

Sarah Brush said...

My post is just youth too but this is one of those things that falls in the gap! Isn't it pretty?