Thursday, October 20, 2005

Blogging is essentially selfish?

At the panel discussion on blogging at Greenbelt 05 somebody posed the question:
"Aren't bloggers essentially arrogant" and in many ways blogging can be a fairly self-centred "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!" activity. However as with all failings, I think an awareness of the failing is the beginning of combatting it.

Well some of us see a blog as not only a place for individuals but for communities. I know I certainly network much more effectively with some people through reading their blogs and commenting and welcoming comments from others on my musings. Yet some take this a step further.

There are already some blogs out there which have more than one author but Ben over at Reluctant Soul (d3parture as was!) is inviting people to join his blogging community. I feel ever so pleased to have been asked to contribute to this first. Anyone else interested in exploring how this community could work in a blog please do leave a comment. Some of you may even have had an invite already.

No comments: