Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back in busyness

So I think for all of us we must be back to "normal" mode now with church and work. I am now back in a new kind of normal and reasonably settling down to it.

I'm currently in the midst of the annual report which is always a mixed blessing - partly fun to remember all of the things we've done which were such fun but partly a LONG thing to write with lots of sections and tables which need tweaking and things!

First reflection in reverse order ... Wayne's World at the Christmas Eve party...

With the 12-14 year olds it went down REALLY WELL... they were in hysterics (really can't believe it's a PG with some of THOSE jokes!)

With the 15-17 year olds... well... the comment was "Sarah, that was lame!"

Just think... there's a certain window for liking a certain kind of film. I mean we adults of certain generations LOVE it because it is KITSCH and cool and reminds us of cracking up at it when we were teenagers. If you don't watch something at the right age, you might NEVER appreciate it, even if it might be JUST the kind of thing you'd like. Scary biscuits!

Anyway mixed blessing of annual report awaits!

2 comments:

Roy said...

that reminds me - have not watched that film in a long time. May need to dig it out!

Sarah Brush said...

Isn't it a great saying?

One of our Taize group has picked it up so asked me where it came from and... I have NO idea! Any thoughts? I seem to remember I got it from a friend at Uni.