Saturday, May 07, 2005

Passion powered

Great meeting with the young people who are going on the youth holiday this evening. LOTS of passionate discussion - though not all entirely focussed on what we were talking about! It reminded me of the session with the pupils of the school I visited on Thursday to plan their mural. Full of ideas: some fantastic, some not so great but all bubbling from enthusiasm, that PASSION which we're all practicing! I've now got as far as Chapter to in Kenda Creasey Dean's book, Practicing Passion: Youth and the Quest for a Passionate Church
and I'm hoping to get a few more concrete ideas about working WITH the empassioned young people and harnassing that passion. I know we manage it most of the time but I'm not quite sure HOW we do it! We seem to manage to funnel the ideas of the young people and channel them into the work but I'm not sure whether it's something we're doing as a youthwork team or weather it's serendipity. Perhaps the Holy Spirit is working without me noticing exactly how. I don't know. What I do know is that we have a flipchart full of ideas for activities for our youth holiday (and we have a fabulous mural in the offing at the CofE school too!)

No comments: