Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tag day

Ok as it's his birthday, I'm indulging Ian calling me Doc Bush instead of Brush and am also doing his tag challenge.

The rules as given are thus.

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other people.

As I am in the midst of sorting out my books and church books from my book shelves there are MANY books close by but this is the one that had teetered off the top of the pile.

It's Henri Nouwen's The Return of the Prodigal Son (and in case you're wondering, I'm really not sure if it's mine or belongs to the church - mental note MUST LABEL BOOKS!)


From page 123:

"God's compassion is described by Jesus not simply to show me how willing god is to feel for me, or to forgive my sins and offer me new life and happiness, but to invite me to become like God and to show the same compassion to others as he is showing to m, If the only meaning of the story were that people sin but God forgives, I could easily begin to think of my sins as a fine occasio for God to show me his forgivness. There would be no real challenge in such an interpretation."

and today I shall be tagging: Bishop Alan, Dave W, Phil Greig, Ruth B and just to make her BLOG SOMETHING Kathryn C even if it is her birthday tomorrow and she will be very old... :o)

No comments: