Friday, February 29, 2008

Pass the Bible...

Ian has done an open tag on this one and I think it's worth sharing!

1. What translation of the Bible do you like best?

I tend to used the New Living Translation most often as it's the one that fits in my bag but I rather prefer the New Revised Standard version as it has a mix of modern and understandable and yet a reputation for accuracy and a good sonorous solidity to the language.

2. Old or New Testament?

New Testament probably as I know it better though I do I prefer the term Br John of Taize uses - Hebrew Scriptures - for the OT

3. Favorite Book of the Bible?

Philippians or Jonah or Psalms (yes I AM that indecisive!)

4. Favorite Chapter?

Psalm 139

5. Favorite Verse? (feel free to explain yourself if you have to)

It varies but there are two that stick:
Romans 8.38 and Philippians 4.8


6. Bible character you think you're most like?

Being called Sarah I get teased about the Sarah verses pretty often! Especially as she laughs when God says something! Sometimes I think I'm too much of a Martha though!

7. One thing from the Bible that confuses you?

The order of the books - it still gets me every time!

8. Moses or Paul?

Both kinda flawed in places which is good in some ways as we can still valued a flawed "hero". Can't quite believe I'm saying it but - Paul.

9. A teaching from the Bible that you struggle with or don't get?

Soteriology - the nature of salvation and how it works. I get that it works and I understand how various people explain it but I'm never quite sure where I stand on it!

10. Coolest name in the Bible?

Shadrach Mishak and Abednego!!

No comments: