Friday, February 22, 2008

All of Me

When I was sitting in A&E waiting for a young person to get som steri strips put on a caut to is arm this week, I resorted to reading one of those PC magazines which had a really interesting section on identity fraud and the internet. Now I know I've set my facebook settings very carefully and kept down to a minimum what I have on myspace and the blog. You can find out about me but not pretend to BE ME very effectively. The article pointed to two sites that search for details of people
Spock and Pipl.

How secure are you on the internet? check them out.

I was rather disturbed at how much I managed to find out about namesakes without even trying any harder than typing their name. Parents may find it disturbing just how much young people's information is out there.

No comments: