Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Movies that moved you


At the Youthwork Conference at the weekend, Fuzz Kitto used a clip from Dead Poet's Society and I was reminded just how profound watching that film was as a teenager.

I can also remember a visiting ordinand who took u away for a weekend to study the book of Revelation. Unfortunately I remember very little about the teaching of Revelation but I do remember he showed us Cry Freedom! This Spring I showed my older group V for Vendetta and hope that maybe it had a similar impact. I remember discussing with my young people the fact that they had noticed that parts of that film make me cry.

Considering that I'm still reeling from when some of my young people considered Mrs Doubtfire to be a CLASSIC FILM, (good but classic???) what makes a classic?

What films were those GREAT films that really moved you when you were young? Have you shared them with your teenagers?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"City of God" directed by Kátia Lund and Fernando Meirelles... and yes I did share it with my Yp when I had some ;)

Anonymous said...

great blog. heroes is terrific for all the reasons you say it is.

Anonymous said...

Ferris Buellers Day Off

Sarah Brush said...

Can't imagine who that might be...