Affirming Liberalism is described as a "Church of England network to affirm and support Liberal Christians and Liberal Christianity in the Oxford Diocese… and beyond".
I suppose this brings some balance to the Liberal/Evangelical/Catholic triangle.
I particularly like the phrases about ways we approach our faith:
- Affirming the positive impact of biblical, literary and historical criticism for our engagement with Scripture and Tradition.
- Affirming appreciation of the distinctive nature of religious language in vibrant worship which connects us to the divine.
- Affirming a philosophical approach to Christian faith and the search for truth through God-given reason.
- Affirming the positive insights of the natural sciences and mathematics in the formation of a Christian world-view and understanding of the universe.
- Affirming the positive impact of the social sciences for understanding human nature and society, and developing Christian ethics.
- Affirming the vitality of the performing and creative arts in shaping a dynamic Christian vision of life lived in relation to God.