Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More rock-pooling

Ok so as someone who didn't grow up by the sea, I've always had this real childish excitement about the sea so when we had supper at Whitley Bay, I left Michael securely settled with pint, pipe and book and went to put my toes in the sea, hunt for a stone with a hole in (family tradition - no luck this time) and other interesting rocks and shells. This time I found something which really stunned me. I promise you that this was THERE. I found it like it.


In case you can't see it clearly - here it is moved just slightly and that is how I left it. Wow or what?!

2 comments:

Calia77 said...

That really is wow!

Anonymous said...

Excellent National Geographic thing with the crab. Good to see you enjoying the sea. As somebody who grew up on the coast I tend to take it for granted (currently freezing my nuts off on a lumpy stonebin Bideford visiting friends who are convinced they've just moved to paradise:-) ).

Enjoyed a nice fish supper in Whitely Bay earlier this year, but Lindisfarne was shut (or at least we mistimed the causeway).