Monday, June 26, 2006

Back to the Grindstone?

It will be my first day in the office tomorrow, having been back at work Saturday and Sunday but off as usual today (I nearly didn't but then noticed how many Mondays might be not entirely off over the next few weeks so I opted to take the time out).

I've been reading Mark Yaconelli's Contemplative Youth Ministry over the last few weeks and I really hope it will impact on the ministry. I'm even thinking of adopting some of the models for recruitment and youth planning meetings which focus very strongly on discernment and not so much on "getting-the-job-done". I'm not sure how it'll be received and am a little uncertain as to whether I want to do that this week or reflect on it more first.

Something I do want to restart when I go back is sitting down at my desk and beginning with reflection. A few years ago now I set my home page to the "thought for the day" from Taize but lately I've rather read it in a rush and hastened on to the first tasks of the day.

Tonight I rediscovered the sie called Sacred Space and might use that as a way of beginning the time at the desk with prayer rather than rush.

What do other people do to help with focus? I'd be interested to hear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sacred space is GREAT.

welcome to Rev Gals :)

Sally said...

I love sacred space too...

Lorna always beats me to a comment, must be the couple of hours difference!!!

Welcome to rev gals

great wedding pics,
looking forward to visiting your blog
from a fellow UK dweller

Anonymous said...

thanks for the sacred space link. I really needd it today. Welcome to revgals, and I wish I had a suggestion to offer, since yours have been so wonderful.
Peace+