Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What can I give him?

Well I'm sure some of you are still trying to work out what to give for Christmas.

My alternative idea for today:


I gave blood this afternoon and was really pleased to see one of our young people there too. it really isn't difficult, takes little time and could literally mean the difference between life and death for someone this Christmas time.

So if you're 17 or over take this simple test to see if you CAN give blood then go on guys, bite the bullet and DO SOMETHING AMAZING!

3 comments:

Relm said...

I agree completely. They keep coming back to the uni, there was a 2 hour queue one day. It's so worth it. Plus... free drinks and biscuits! Clearly worth it! And there's always a nice chat with a friendly nurse :) Enough to cheer up anyones day!
xXxXx

EasyRew said...

Just want to back-up what Sarah has said. What better gift could you give?

If you're worried about the needle, you're worrying for nothing. If it's a big problem for you they will happily administer a local anaesthetic to ensure you don't feel anything.

I've been giving blood three times a year for about 5 years and the worst I've had is a slight bruise (visible but no discomfort).

Go on - at least give it a go once. If you don't like it, don't go back. But at least try...

Rich

moog said...

I got an A+ on my blood test!

In fact I was plannning on donating some this week, but I've come down with a miserable cold, so it's probably best if i wait until i'm healthier