Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Party time... Excellent!

Ok so I'm trying to pick a film for our Christmas Eve party and there were two boxes of second hand videos in our church coffee shop. I need a film that is no longer than an hour and a half - preferably less - which WON'T be on tv over the Christmas season but which IS fab, funny and will hold the young people's interest.

Now in the box were...

Mouse Hunt - slapstick funny... I mean it's got a mouse who's clever and lots of silly Home Alone kinda things which I'm sure lots of them will love.

then....

well...

then there was also....


Ok so I LOVE THIS FILM but I'm a bit worried that the young people won't and if I LOVE it and they hate it... it's far worse than if there's a film I think is OK which they think is OK.

Though how can you not ADORE a film so EXCELLENT that contains quotations such as:

"If she was a president, she'd be Baberaham Lincoln."

"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no-honk guarantee."

"Did you ever find bugs bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"Ex-queeze me?"

"Do you accept cash? CHA-CHING!!"

"Let's do the Scooby doo ending"
"Good call!"

ok ok I'll stop!

So people... Do we go with Wayne's World or something more seasonal?

6 comments:

simo said...

Go with Wayne's World, if they don't get it that’s their problem and they need culturing

moog said...

Do it - it's fabulous, the Bohemian Rhapsody scene can't possibly age.

bacon powder?

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Dave said...

Wayne's World? Party On, Excellent!!!

what more needs to be said

Calia77 said...

You've gotta go with WW. I agree with Simo - culture them if you have to!

Anonymous said...

My kid is 17 and he thinks WW is great.