Monday, September 24, 2007

Set My People Free

We've got a series of evenings coming up called "Set My People Free" which Dave, our vicar, is leading. He's taking the topics of freedom as expressed in the lives of some Biblical characters, namely; Abraham, Moses, Ruth, Peter, Mary Magdalene & Paul.



We've been exploring ways of expressing the whole concept of "Set My People free" in our pastoral team.
We had thought we might do somehting each Sunday to tie in but as a traditional church it's a bit of a challenge to do som
ething which is recognisably linking each of the weeks
but is essentially about freedom - formal liturgy just doesn't seem to cut it.



I'm not sure what we're going to end up
doing but I've been trying to get my head round it by exploring the concept and some key moments of freedom in the lives of the characters through my painting.


Busy busy
Originally uploaded by Sarah Brush
























Burning Bush
Originally uploaded by Sarah Brush

Damascus
Originally uploaded by Sarah Brush

1 comment:

Tia Lynn said...

beautiful paintings!