Friday, July 13, 2007

On the front line

According to Ian, this is what the new bishop of Oxford has said:

[Youth Ministry] “This is absolutely frontline mission with an agegroup that has never been so alienated from the Christian Church. It’s not that they’re against the Church; it’s just that they know almost nothing about it.
Anyone in our churches involved in youth work needs special thanks, regular encouragement and an occasional bottle of whiskey
”

if only it were so - my whiskey stores say otherwise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - didn't Bishop John bring your bottle when he came along for his visitation a couple of weeks ago?

simo said...

I have that very letter in front of me, I haven't met the new bishop yet but I like him!

Roy said...

may be the occasional has stuck in the minds of the readership.....they are just looking for the occasion!! ;-)