Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rain and Snow final version

Here at last is the painting I blogged about before which I finally finished at the weekend.
It's inspired by this passage:
"As the rain and snow come down from above and return not again, but water the earth, bringing forth seed for sowing and bread to eat, so is my word that goes forth from my mouth. It will not return to me fruitless, but will accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the task I gave it."
Isaiah 55.10-11


It's not really like any other painting I've done before in style. It's also the same size as the last painting I did which I still love. I'm a little undecided about this painting. I know it's done and as it should be but I'm not sure I particularly like it. Does it show what I wanted it to show - almost perhaps but I can't say for sure it does the whole thing. I rather like the way the text can be read as it is but also with the paired verses alongside each other that compares rain/snow with word.

Not quite sure where it's going to go as yet!

So uncertainty all round. Apt for Holy Week perhaps...

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

It looks like an eye.

Sarah Brush said...

wooooooah... freaky - you're right