Monday, July 09, 2007

Yellow Braces 07

Fabulous weekened at Hill End though I am still tired!

We had some really great talks from Simo, an unforgettable flip-flop-flip-flop stomp from Ian, fabulous worship from the Taste band, awesome lifeguarding and techie stuff from KT, amazing nosh from the unflappable catering team, some great energy and enthusiasm from all the leadership team and some really good chat both fun and serious with the young people.

The late night worship was based on Jesus' two great commandments of Love God and Love your neighbour. There was the usual set up panic - this time resulting from a corrupted CD which meant I used different music to what I had planned BUT it worked SO WELL so maybe God had other plans all along!

I'd done a powerpoint show of images of people serving or seeking/needing help (which I'll try and put up somewhere for people) and invited the young people to pray for situations needing love via the hearts in the cetnre of the room and to offer their own service through adding their "hands" to the dead looking branch to bring our faith to life. I'm hoping someone else got some pics of what it all looked like in the end!

1 comment:

EasyRew said...

:: I'd done a powerpoint show of images of people serving
:: or seeking/needing help (which I'll try and put up somewhere for people)

Check out Slideshare for all your Powerpoint sharing needs ;o)

:: Example ::