Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jesus on the cross


Jesus on the cross4
Originally uploaded by Sarah Brush
I got the chance to do some painting on my day off this week and managed to use the new BIG canvases that Michael treated me too in Cheltenham. It really is much more liberating to paint BIG. This is an image which has come to me over the last few years. It's all about the contrast of that dreadful and agonising cross and the glorious salvation it procured.

The word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing but to those whoa re being saved it is eternal life.

I'm doing another canvas for Paul for the Youth for Christ office soon too. it really is good to have an outlet for stuff in a creative medium like this. Not sure what life would be without it in fact! This kinda ties in with waht we're looking at for Fresh Cafe this year. What makes life make sense for you?

No comments: