Sunday, February 13, 2005

Lead us not into temptation...

I had the privilege of hearing yet another of my young people give a talk in church. Ben did great and he's put his talk up on his blog so take a look. He talked about temptation in Genesis 2 and in Matthew's account of Jesus' temptation after his time in the wilderness.

Although having young people amaze me with their wisdom sometimes makes wonder whether I should hang up my preaching bands I also find it so wonderful to be able to encourage them in it.

Our church is pretty traditional but the people are really good at being open to young people being involved at the heart of worship and are genuinely pleased and proud to see our young people sharing their faith. I'm not sure which of them please me most the wise young people or the wise congregation. Well they're just ALL SAINTS I suppose!! ;o)

No comments: